Saturday 29 September 2007

When you go shopping...

do you like to look at the displays? I love checking them out! A good display can definitely persuade me into looking at the rest of the clothes in the store or booth... On my little trek around the city centre in Daegu the number of sights, smells and sounds to swallow up was overwhelming. Of course it wasn't hard to miss the new Lotte Young Plaza which is aimed for the young'ns and I happily scooted myself into the glass-walled building and was greeted with 3 levels of shiny floors, numerous Korean clothing brands and tons of other eager shoppers. Most of the displays were beautiful, simple and stylish, you really wanted to madly run in and buy everything on the racks...Eryn Brinie caught my eye and the naked buttocks of a blue mannequin caught the flash of my camera while going up the escalator. Most of the installations were a little out there but it was definitely a lot of fun for the eyes, lots of colour and lights. I wanted to take more pictures but after a few people staring at me I kind of gave up, apparently taking pictures inside is not really a normal thing, lol. Unfortunately the prices were outrageous as expected for any department store, but I and probably other shoppers were believing that there would be some sort of introductory sale but no-go there. For a first, I thought the overall presenation was very well planned out, many shoppers were already succumbing to buying and I'm wondering what they'll be installing on the upper floors besides the movie theater that's already there because it's still empty? So after a good look, off I went onto the crowded streets to do some good, price-friendly shopping. What's good about the streets is that you've got a variety of things to look at, a mix of brands like Giordano and Codes Combine and then you've got the no-brand stores with cheap clothes that are just as good as the labels. The streets were so congested probably because it was a Sunday night and it being Chuseok holiday weekend, so I guess all the young people decided to come out all at once... Daegu is definitely a nice place to go shopping but I'd recommend going there whenever there's a season change otherwise the stores will be completely boring after a few times since they don't change their stock for ages. I wanted to take more pictures but my camera was literally eating away at my batteries...
I purchased a black knitted cardi and finally got my cuff, it's silver with engraving details but very simple!!! There's lots of jewellery you can find on the streets, that and hats, shoes, scarves, socks...etc. After popping into this store and that, into lots of vinatage-y displayed stores, I finally bought green tights (finally got a sought-after pair of coloured tights!) at Yangpa zoomoney which is a really fun store with heaps of Japanese-infused clothes, accessories and shoes. I snapped a cute pic of the window display in Dressed to Kill (jeans store), I think the miniature jeans are to show what type of jeans that are available... Finally I checked out Who.A.U which is a very American-style clothing store (think Abercrombie& Fitch, Amercian Eagle...), I'm still wondering what sort of air freshener they spray, it's the most unusual smell that you notice from like 5 metres away from the actual store! Great marketing technique I suppose, since I recognize the store by the smell every time I go out in Seoul as well, that is the funniest thing.

No comments: