Sunday 30 September 2007

Winter footwear?

I'm curious to know what shoes everyone wears during the winter/late fall? Flats? Ankle boots, in suede or leather? Knee-high boots or heels? Since it's hard to wear anything with a heel in the snow I've always opted for leather lace-ups or sneakers...but this winter I really want to go for something a little more comfortable and sturdy. In the back of my mind, I've known that 'Australian work boots' colloquially known as 'Blunnies' or 'Redbacks' (traditionally worn as safety boots) are apparently really comfortable for normal wear. The stretchiness of the elastic-sides and the pull tabs at the front and back of the shoe lets you slip into them without the hassle of laces, but still have that firmness of lace-up boots. So now I really want a pair of these boots for this winter! If you ever happen to go to Australia, grab a pair!

No comments: