Sunday 2 November 2008

Seoul Fashion Week Recap: Part 1

If you were in Korea last October and had even the slightest interest in fashion, you would have probably noticed that Oct. 18th-25th was the week where Seoul designers showed off their Spring/Summer masterpieces. I managed to squeeze in two shows during my test week which I mentioned earlier to you guys, the Enzuvan (by Kwak Hyun Joo) show on Saturday and the Gissen (by Hong Eun J00) show on Friday. I snapped a few shots with my ever so dodgy camera. I love the excitement, the ambient lights and fervor that surrounds the room right before the first model steps onto the catwalk! The Gissen models strutted themselves pumping to Gwen Stefani's "Wind it Up". The clothes were pretty fabulous, I was really into the electric blue pleather leggings which was surprising because you know how I feel about footless tights...Here are a few pics from the Seoul Collection site, it's a pity that they didn't feature the whole show hence you're probably not going to understand why I felt that the collection was giving off a lot space-alien vibes with all the metallics and shiny-ness and so forth.I planned my outfit carefully for attending the show. Too bad I didn't take any pictures of myself ( I don't have a photographer or a tripod). So, I'll just have to describe what I wore to Friday's show: black beanie, black tank top, black blazer, black jeans and...

p.s A shoe tidbit for Hiromix: I wore my brown, suede Go.Cee boots on Friday and my black Walkers on Saturday.

No comments: