Monday 10 December 2007

Hongdae Free Market: Part One

I've finally found the time to post about my recent trek to the Hongdae area. Because I've got too many pictures to show all at once I'll be posting part two of my expedition tomorrow, so make sure you come back to check it out! :)
Hongdae is known for two major things: bars/clubs and the arty atmosphere due to the closeness of the Hongik University campus which is known to excel in churning out lots of talented people from the arts and music field. Every Saturday (I think from Mar. to Nov.?) there is a Free market (which I mistakenely understood for 'flea-market') which involves ordinary people, uni students who come out to sell their hand-made wares.
Free market concert which showcased singers entertaining the public with their lovely voices. Lots of cell phone accessories for sale. Probably because they are one of the easiest things to make en masse and appeal to people because of its erm...practicality? and charm, of course. Funny faces that were drawn on pottery. On the same note, there were lots of clay-baked jewellery as well. Loads of cute earrings, necklaces, brooches. However what I liked most were the hand-made blank notebooks that were for sale. The cover art was amazing, I stood there for minutes on end trying to pick which one I should get.
Oh my, the cats were so gorgeous! Do you recognize the red notebook with the black cat with green eyes? I posted about that very thing earlier on, turns out that it was a great birthday gift after all.

More cellphone accessories.

No comments: