Thursday 15 April 2010

classier and dressier

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Source: tFS, Altamira
I was seriously quite sick of the Balmain-inspired bony shouldered jackets that were shown on the runway for the past three seasons and those that have trickled down into the high-street shops. I have nothing but serious respect for Christophe Decarnin but the distressed military/ stonewashed drummerboy look neither works for me, is totally out of my budget and looks much better on Paris Vogue's Emmanuelle Alt than on me. Thus I didn't have any high hopes for the Fall 2010 collection but his take on the high-collared seventeenth-century cutaway coat just squashed me. I totally adore the Louis XIV at Versailles look. The brocade is just driving me mad with love but the irony is that I still can't afford it. Hehe.
Above is my favourite coat from the collection.
I just absolutely ADORE IT!!!!!!!!!

No comments: