Thursday 11 April 2013

banana bread recipe

I'm feeling really frustrated with my life right now. Normally, if I had an oven at home I would be baking tins of banana bread as we speak. Baking is sort of therapeutic for me. Since I don't have an oven I made sweet potato fritters during the afternoon to compensate but it really didn't do the trick. Here is a recipe for the banana bread I would've baked anyways. 
 photo bananabread1_zpsfdb46fc4.jpg 
Ingredients:
4 Ripe Bananas
80g C Butter (1/3 C Melted)
1 C Sugar
1 Egg (Beaten)
1 t Vanilla Essence
1 t Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 C Flour

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease a loaf tin with butter.
  • Mash bananas in a large bowl.
  • Pour butter on top of mashed bananas and mix together with a spoon.
  • Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
  • Sift the baking soda and salt and mix in.
  • Lastly, sift in the flour and mix until combined.
  • Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake for approximately one hour.
  • Leave in tin for five minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.
 photo bananabread2_zps4cf7058b.jpg
Photos & recipe from LydiaBakes

2 comments:

Lola said...

mmm banan bread with nutella!! that's how i'd be eating it xx

T said...

mmm this looks amazing!
Now following (:
Fashion ganache.
http://fashionganache.blogspot.com