Tuesday 19 February 2008

Aching muscles

I'm still recovering from a one-day ski trip I took the day before yesterday. For a person who's never skied before in their life I think I pretty much winged it for my first shot. But advice for future first-timers out there- is to take lessons first! An introduction to the slopes (argh, why are they so steep for BEGINNERS???!!!!) by a buddy who has only skied twice before is not always the best option compared to forking over for some ski lessons. Nevertheless, it was all fun plus I didn't get hurt and now I am sitting at my computer here aching EVERYWHERE; bones, muscles, fingers, you name it! The slopes are definitely addictive next time I really, really, really want to learn how to snowboard and don't worry I WILL take lessons! The funny thing is, I've been away from home for one night and yet it seems a week has already past. What was waiting for me: dishes that needed to be washed, laundry and garbage to be thrown out...l-o-v-e-l-y.
While I was out skiing, guess what Natalie Portman was up to during the weekend? Promoting 'The Other Boleyn Girl' in Berlin, Germany in pretty frocks. Love everything about the sheer number by Rodarte! Who says 'no' to lace?
My violet, military-inspired jacket (below) is by a Korean brand: Zooc. How did you guess? It is a tad bit long on the sleeves but the fit in the shoulder region is exactly right so that's why I bought it. Plus, it was on sale! I am having camera-difficulties at the moment which is an euphemism for photo-shyness and my inability for self-timing which is restricting me from taking outfit pictures. Currently, I have no floor-length mirror either so nothing is persuading me. I'll be going out tomorrow for an early birthday lunch so let's see how I feel about it then.

No comments: