Sunday 16 March 2008

Lie Sang Bong

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the Korean designer Lie Sang Bong. His designs infuse elements of Korea, dashes of French imperialism influenced by his intrigue for historical empires. From an outsider’s perspective, his clothes seem very unique, with splashes of colour and quite avantgarde yet still giving off that wiff of romantic touch which convinces you that you could possibly wear one of his runway outfits in real life. You can find Korean calligraphy, prints, illustrations and written Hangul on many of his dresses and shirts. From his Spring/Summer ’07 runway collection.

Below are pictures from his latest Spring/Summer 08’ collection. We all know how florals are big nowadays but I believe that he's presented flowers in a whole new dimension. He is a current fixture on the runways in Paris and Seoul so I'm quite excited that he will be participating in the Fall 2008 Seoul Collection week held from 17th-24th of March. I am hoping to get tickets for his show or any other for that matter, there are always some good designers exhibiting at the Seoul Collections every year. I don’t know how I will manage to squish three exams between these events though. I really don’t want to jeopardized my chances with either...so if you don't hear from me it'll probably be because of preoccupation with the latter.

No comments: