Sunday 18 May 2008

In thunder and in rain

It's raining cats and dogs outside. I came to the library with the intention of studying for an exam but here I am clicking away on the keyboard with a copy of "The Interpretation of Murder" by Jed Rubenfeld in my lap. I promise to go study after this posting, it's just that I've been meaning to write about this since forever and I never got around to it until now.
Even though it's gloomy and pouring outside we can always imagine that it's a cloudless, sunny day with the breeze blowing our tussled hair, walking on the streets of France (!) in a stress-free, nonchalant manner. At least that's what I wish I was doing right this minute. Model Carmen Kass is doing it. I think French brand "Et Vous" pretty much encompasses this carefree, natural style in their advertising visuals. Check this out, I fell in love with it at just one glance.Above is the current 2008 S/S collection. I love the tribal mood that's been reinvented using a more modern and romantic style. It's like Vanessa Bruno, Isabel Marant and Charlotte Ronson all in one! Comfortable, basic items with dashes of colour, bohemian vibe with a Parisienne edge. I badly need that tie-dyed red shirt and I could conjure up a zillion outfits if I had that blue tie-dyed scarf! Signing out.

No comments: