Monday 5 May 2008

Stars and all

I meant to post this a while ago but with my computer crashing, moving to a new place, hurting my ankle and then my wrist (long story) I had no time to do anything at all and blogging was the least of my worries. You've probably seen these pictures around the net and in magazines already. The Chanel 2008 Spring ready-to-wear collection presented a massive stars and stripes fiasco (not to mention YSL). Since then loads of celebrities have been seen in these trend-setting Chanel star shirts but for all us normal people we can't always afford that particular Chanel speciality especially if this print turns out to be a passing trend. You don't want to spend a small fortune on a shirt and not wear it in three years! So to go along with this star trend, I suggest wearing cute star-printed graphic tees or accessorizing with little dangly star earrings. This way, one can keep up with the trend but play with subtlety at the same time. Check out this Sass & Bide Child's Play Embroidered Tank above. I think it has the right amount of sequins for shine during the day and for glamming up at night. Star printed accessories such as these printed scarves that I've found below would be a perfect way to follow this trend also. I'm really liking the white one with blue stars, it's a nice contrast!These are from G Market, a korean internet shopping site (only for lucky Seoul-ites, sorry!). Even Rachel Bilson has got her neck around one! What about you, have you embraced any stars?

No comments: